There are a lot of advantages to having older kids and I have to say I have definitely enjoyed it. In fact it would be safe to say I have loved having a teenager. It not surprising since I have loved every age that my kids have been, but when they get a little older you get to see some of the fruits of your labors. Like tonight after I dropping Riley off at Mountain View for a Band Concert I had a flat tire and I had no idea how to change it. I was starting to get frantic because I had a bare footed toddler with me and a nearly dead cell phone. I called my husband at work and he couldn't help because he was at least 45 minutes away with traffic. He suggested that I call my sister in law to come get me. I could have called her and I know she would have dropped everything to come help me, but I am a Mom too and I know that at 5 pm it is more than a little crazy to drop everything and run. Instead I called Riley on his cell just for a laugh at my expense. I am so proud to say that he didn't fall to the floor laughing at his poor mom, instead he said I'll be right out to change it for you Mom. I was totally impressed that he even knew how to change a tire. So obviously I cannot claim this as a fruit of MY labor because this is all his Dad's work. I am so grateful that my husband has taught our boys car maintenance. Here is a pic of Riley changing my tire in his white shirt (that stayed white!!!) and tie. Just one of those moments as a Mom when you step back in awe and wonder where your little boy went. 
Tuesday, January 15, 2008
Teenage Perks!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
aww...That is awesome!! What a sweet son you have! You are a wonderful mother. It is no wonder that you have such amazing kids!
Ok, can I just tell you how great it is to hear someone praising teenagers rather than complaining about them? It's like people try to scare you out of having kids by telling you their teenager scary stories! Of course, most people that have been around Riley for more than a few minutes realize that he is exceptional...remind to tell you a story later - it's a good one!
Don't you love it when your able to sit back and watch them do something so amazingly unselfish. What wonderful kids we have! Help me remember I just said that next time I complain about Alyssa. HA! No, seriously....they are awesome.
Your kids are awesome! Maybe if we're friends, my kids will end up like yours. What a good guy. That's so cool.
That's so great! Go Riley! I can't wait until Gavin & Ethan can do that... no wait, I CAN wait. I hope they don't grow up too fast! :)
That is so sweet!! What a great guy. Don't you love those moments. Hope you are doing well.
What a great story! Riley is such a good kid. I love the picture... he's even happy to be helping!
TAG you're it! Copy and paste from my blog and have fun.
Post a Comment