My first week of school had its ups and its downs. I was on my knees a little more than my usual times asking for help. It has been a long time since I used my brain like that. I have studied things and thought long and hard about things but to spend several hours every day reading and studying is altogether different. I was seriously hurting my brain last week. I didn't feel like any of it was sinking in and I was beginning to feel really discouraged. I started praying before I studied and that really helped. I also started praying that I would be able to learn to learn more efficiently so I could be more productive. Well Sunday I had a major ah ha moment. While Brother Krumenaker was speaking he made several references to the Book of Mormon and I had this distinct thought come into my mind that said, "If you read the Book of Mormon you will be able to learn better." I remembered hearing a promise or quote back when I was in high school to that effect and it pierced me to the soul as truth then and now. So I am taking this on as a personal challenge to read the Book of Mormon this Semester before Christmas. Wish me luck. Let me know if you would like to join in on my challenge. I can't think of a better Christmas present to me and my Saviour than to finish reading His book just before we celebrate His birth and life.
Tuesday, September 2, 2008
Answer to prayer.
Posted by
Worthen World
at
8:39 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is wonderful!!! You are such a wonderful example to us all!! Good luck with school! You will do great.
Go Margo! You can do it!!!! I have to admit (in all honesty) there were many times that I just sat down at the table and cried after the kids had gone to bed when I was working on my Anatomy homework. I kept telling Ryan I wasn't smart enough to do all this, but he has always encouraged me to take it one day at a time. That's all you can do! You will do fantastic at school!!!
Post a Comment