Tuesday, April 8, 2008

March Madness!!!

Here are the some highlights of all the Worthen fun for March!!


Action shot of Alek at his first lacrosse game. He plays for the Tigers and had only a few practices as a team when they entered the Cactus Cup Tournament. They had two games and won them both. Alek and his two carpool buddies Wade and Jace were the only three to score for both games!!!


Alek is the one with the long white socks.

Alek said that he couldn't wait to start playing because he wanted to "take someone out". Sorry Alek you will have to wait until High school LAX to "take someone out". Anyone who knows him well will appreciate the humour in that statement because he is one of the most loving guys, however I think their is just an innate desire in boys to have that aggression.





SPRING BREAK
For Spring Break this year we went to Valencia, CA so we could go to:

Magic Mountain

On our way there we drove right past an area that Dave served on his mission in the San Fernando Valley. It was fun to hear all the stories of his mission as he pointed out different sections off the highway. I loved the story about teaching a girl and her Dad came home and was so angery that he kicked them out and he and his companion had to walk for several miles with the projector in hand. Thank goodness for technology.
We stayed at a really nice hotel called the Embassy Suites in Valencia right across the highway from the park. We had a full breakfast every morning included. Very good and a comfy stay!!!


Here is a pic we had taken a few minutes in the park. Isabel was terrified of all the Super Heros, but she swears she wasn't.

Isabel was quite the dare devil and loved all the rides. She even rode a pretty big rollercoaster that she was barely tall enough to ride called the Ninja. Come to think of it all of my kids have been very daring.

While we were at Magic Mountain they were having a Guitar Hero Challenge. Here are a few pics of the challenge.

Riley and Alek playing against each other.

Riley playing Guitar Hero Challenge.


Alek playing Guitar Hero Challenge.

Miranda and Dave playing Guitar Hero Challenge.
BTW: Miranda won!! You go Girl!



Riley and Alek playing the hardest song on Guitar Hero 3.
BTW: Riley won.

Alek placed for a while in expert level.


Miranda placed for a while in Medium level!!! Girl Power!

Isabel all caged up in BUGS BUNNY World.

Are those some seriously adorable girls or what.


SUPER GIRL!!!

SUPER GIRL!!!


Miranda and I riding the Collosus. I have always hated rides that have drops and this ride has so many drops in it that I realized half way though it that if you breath while you are dropping it's not so bad. Who knew that breathing helps? Wow what a concept. Good thing I figured that out because the next ride for me was the Goliath.
This was taken after Riley, Alek, Miranda and I went on the Goliath. Sooo much fun. There was a young couple behind us that was amazed that I would go on trill rides like that with my kids. I said are you kidding I wouldn't miss this for the world. My kids are soo much fun!!!
Here is Miranda, Margo and Isabel with Bugs Bunny and Daffy Duck. Isabel has the death grip on me for fear that Daffy might look at her.

3 comments:

Marty and Emily said...

SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO JEALOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Marty and I were supposed to go to Six Flags on our honeymoon, but I got strep throat. Sadly, I don't see it happening ANYWHERE in the near OR quite distant future. Do you think next time I could stow away in one of your bags?

That's funny, the biggest thing I remember about the first time I went to Six Flags was that I was just barely tall enough to ride the Ninja, and I rode it over and over and my older siblings were such good sports to keep doing it with me. Isabel and I should be BFF. :)

Amber said...

Wow you have been busy having a ton of fun!! I loved catching up with your cute family!

Gretchen said...

What fun! I love six flags,its a fun place. You guys just crack me up. I love the super girl pics and video!