Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Blessings...

As a Mom I experienced a major pay off last night. I was able to see my 15 yr old son have his patriarchal blessing. It was a very spiritual experience to hear what the Lord has in store for my son. There were times when his blessing was very specific as to his personality traits that were right on. It felt that the Lord knew my son personally and has a plan for him. This blessing will serve as a compass for him to chart his course through life. I am certain that when times get difficult for him that he can turn to this blessing as a comfort and a guide. Life is so hard and it is a comfort to me that he has one more tool and his disposal to help him stay focused on the goal. I am at awe at the Man he will become. I am blessed to be him Mom.

1 comments:

Kristin Coppee said...

I cannot WAIT until the day John gets his patriarchal blessing. I will never forget the day I got mine. What a special experience to be the mother listening to those words.

Riley is definitely a stand out kid. Bert and I are always commenting on how dedicated and self-motivated he is. I'm sure his patriarchal blessing was awesome.