The day has finally arrived that I had to get one of my kids a cell phone... ugh...
I always drag my feet when it comes to technology. I wait until I absolutely have to, then I wonder how I ever lived without it. I am sure that I will be seeing a lot of Riley just like this for along time to come. Last night Dave and I went to Outback steak house for dinner (our date night since he will camping with Riley this weekend) and on the coaster was the funniest saying. It said something like,"2 mch txtng mks 1 a bad splr" I died laughing. Anyways Riley has an A hour then seminary is 1st hour and he thinks that it is a wonderful way to start his day and I definitely agree. He plays the trumpet in the band and has 6th hour sports for diving. He dives for Mountain View and is quite a good diver (as he just got back from diving in this pic, notice his swimmers hair). Alek is in the 5th grade and is attending Mesa Academy for Advanced Studies. He is a very smart boy and we are excited that he was accepted to attend this school. This school is 4-9th grades. He will be learning Suzuki violin, Mandarin Chinese, Spanish and have real old fashion science fairs. Miranda is in the fourth grade at Field Elementary and is very smart also and could have easily made it into Mesa Academy as well. I decided to wait to see how the first year goes their before sending her application in. She will be taking sewing lessons soon from Sister Peterson in my ward (she is an amazing teacher).
Here is Miranda last year modeling some pajama pants she sewed in her sewing class.
Isabel is going to preschool MWF 9-11 and misses it profusely on T-TH. She has such a fun personality. We are all wrapped around her little pinkie. She definitely runs the parade.
3 comments:
Oh bummer, the dreaded cell phone... LOL. It will probably be really nice to be able to get ahold of him whenever you want! It sounds like your kids are doing great! Way to go with diving & seminary & advanced classes (mandarin chinese? Really?!). Those pajamas are so cute... I would love to put my boys in sewing too if Jason would only let me. :)
Hey Margo! I just found your blog- I am soo happy to see ya on here! Your family is soo cute- and I love reading all your posts! I will definitely have to add you to my blog :-)
wow you are brave. I have a hard time imagining my kids with a cell phone. but I guess I'm not a cool mom. Anyway, your blog is so cute.
Post a Comment